Dr.Binoj C Nair
Division of Pathology
1. 'Punched out ulcers' in abomasum- pathognomonic lesion of ?
2. Negri bodies in cattle with rabies seen in ....
3. Father of pathological anatomy
4. Father of cellular pathology
5.Lysosome first demonstrated by.....
6. Most reactive free radical in inducing cell damage
7. Removal of damaged organelle during cell injury is called as .....
8. Component of cytoskeleton useful in tumor diagnosis
9. Eosinophilic, intracytoplasmic inclusion in liver in alcoholic liver disease
10. Condition in which impairment of phagocytic property of WBC occurs.
11. Best fixative for glycogen
12. Stains for glycogen (any two)
13. Macrophage laden with lipids in atherosclerosis called as....
14. Russel bodies seen in ....?
15. Partial or complete loss of melanocytes in the epidermis...
16.Pigments causing 'Brown Atrophy'
17. Aggregates of ferritin micelles called...
18. Heart failure cells are ......
19. Unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia is indicative of .............jaundice.
20. Direct Van den berg reaction is indicative of ........jaundice
21. Color of faeces in obstructive jaundice
22. Hyperkeratosis in cattle common in which poisoning ?
23. Type of necrosis involved in hypoxic cell death in the CNS
24. Necrosis in which architectural details persist but cellular details are lost.
25.Enzymes important in apoptosis
26.Conditions in which PM clotting of blood doesn't occur.
27.Pathological calcification without derangement in blood calcium levels.
28. Special stain for demonstrating Calcium in tissues.
29. 'Tophi' is related to which disease ?
30. Condition characterized by green refrigence of Congo red stained sections under polarizing microscope.
31. Name the anaphylatoxins
32. Chemical mediators from arachidonic acid metabolism via cyclooxygenase pathway.
33. 'Triple response' in tissue inflammation was formulated by .....
34. Colloidal carbon technique is used in identifying .....
35. Name some SRS-A( slow reacting substances of anaphylaxis)
36. Cationic proteins produced by eosinophils toxic to parasites.
37. Suppurative inflammation of hair follicles caused by Staph. aureus
38. Diffuse spreading suppurative inflammation of connective tissues
39. Modified macrophages in case of granuloma are called ...
40. Granulation tissue is a hallmark of ......
41. Adhesive glycoproteins of Extra-cellular matrix.
42. Condition in which cardiac sclerosis/ cardiac cirrhosis occurs.
43. Alteration from a less specialized cell type to more specialized ones.
44. A malignant tumor which doesn't metastasize
45. Oncogenes discovered by.....
46. 'Sticker tumor' discovered by Novinsky is better known as ....
47. Reed Sternberg Cells are typical of ...
48. Horn cancer is most commonly seen in Bull or Bullocks ?
49. Black tongue/ canine pellagra is caused by......
50. Rodent ulcer is better known as ......
10.Chediak Higashi syndrome
11.Non-aqueous fixatives(methyl alcohol)
12.Best carmine & PAS
18.Alveolar macrophage laden with Hemosiderin
20. Obstructive jaundice
21. Grey / Clay color
22. Chlorinated naphthalene poisoning
24. Coagulative necrosis.
26.Anthrax & Sweet clover poisoning
28. Van Kossa's Silver nitrate
31.C3a and C5a
32.Thromboxane A2 and Prostaglandins
33. Sir Thomas Lewis
34. Leaking vessels in inflammation
35.Leukotrienes like LTC4, LTD4, LTE4
36.Major Basic Proteins
41.Fibronectin & Laminins
42. Chronic general passive hyperemia
44. Basal Cell Carcinoma
45.Michael Bishop& Harold Varmus
46.Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor.
50. Basal cell carcinoma